Thursday 18 September 2014

Voting Day


Well, I did indeed question myself and my motivation to the very last moment, but the deed is done. Glasgow is one of the last to report their results and, as the largest proportional area, this might be pivotal.
 
 My journey back to work took me a different route today and I have been utterly struck by how sombre and determined everyone looked. This is George Square in Glasgow which is quite strikingly different to last night's gathering.
There may have been lots of banter and noise in the run up to it but it looks like the decision is not being taken lightly which is reassuring. (Excuse the reflection from my dashboard)
I am anxious and uncomfortable about the result and, in all truth, I genuinely don't know which decision I hope prevails. The alarm clock is set for very early tomorrow to see what the dawn brings.

6 comments:

  1. Here's hoping the decision is the right one..whatever that may be.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been watching this on the news. Being across the globe, we don't know what the political atmosphere is like in other countries unless it just happens to hit the news here, so it was a real shock to hear that this was being considered. I hope it works out for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll know by now. I'm hoping that the passion for independence won't translate to a need for anger and that both sides work together. What I have really appreciated is the high degree of involvement by everyone. It's been a fascinating process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the results first thing this morning, I am wondering how you feel about them?
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, just catching up now that I am back, I have been reading, just not commenting. I hope that you are more comfortable now that the vote has happened and the results announced, it has obviously been a difficult decision and time for you so I hope that you can feel more peaceful now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and I read every single one